Sunday, March 14, 2010

Weekly Update




It's time for another update. I've made some progress on the poppies. It seems to have slowed slightly. I've been doing a lot of reading lately and my stitching seems to suffer when I read a lot. But it's getting stitched slowly but surely and I'm more than happy with it. I made a small start on the Lizzie Kate. The flash made the fabric brighter than it really is so the letters show up better in real life. I recently got a new scroll frame set (the Handi-Clamp which sadly is stopping production) and I plan on using that instead of the q-snap on this piece.
As far as the graduation sampler is concerned, I decided it does need a tassel. I was debating on how to to it when Karen suggested satin stitching it. That sounds real good to me so I am going to try and finish it this week. Then I'll start on the one for Sherrie's college graduation. It's hard to imagine she's graduationg from college. Where did the last 4 years go?

6 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Those poppies are so rich!

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Oh WOW those are really coming out beautiful!

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Oh if you don't want to do a satin stitch tassel you can always do an actual tassel.... I had them on my wizard piece.

Lainey said...

Love your fabric for your LK Bette and your poppies are coming along great.

Sharon said...

The poppies are looking fabulous!

Carolyn NC said...

Poppies look fantastic. Just a suggestion - You can include a real tassel (much smaller version) to your cap, too, if you want something a little different. :)