Sunday, May 8, 2011
I thought I'd show off the new puppy we got yesterday. We (my DD Sherrie and DS Brian) went to a pet expo yesterday. Now I had no intention of returning with a dog although I knew this summer would be a perfect time to get one. Sherrie will have the summer off from teaching and can help with the training. But I just didn't know if I was ready to deal with 3 dogs. Bear is not getting any better and I'm afraid his time is short. Maybe that's why I though a 3rd dog at this time might ease things for Sherrie and Rosie (our Aussie/Sheltie). Well, there were all kinds of rescue organizations there. I did want a younger puppy because of all of the issues we had when Rosie came to us. So while wandering around, we spied some beautiful puppies. There were 5 red ones and a black one. I just couldn't leave her behind. I called DH (who is out of town) and he said it was up to me. Wrong thing to say! So we are now the proud owners of a very mixed puppy. The only thing we know for sure is that the mom is a German Shepherd mix. We think we are going to call her Annabelle with Annie for short. Not sure if that is definite but that's what we're leaning towards. So, World, meet Annie.
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Sunday, May 1, 2011
I thought I'd show a couple of the WIP's that I've been working on lately. The top one is Cirque des Carreaux from Ink Circles. It's stitched on 25 count lugana in a color called Terra Cotta. I'm not even sure if the color is still available. I've had it for so long in my stash that it could be many years old. I'm stitching it in a Threadworks color. I really wanted to use this fabric but really had an awful time finding a color that would work with it. I think I succeeded with the green. It reminds me of Autumn and I'm really happy with it. I've made good progress with it. I finished half of what you see there in just about 1 week's time.
The second picture is the new project I added in since I finished a new project. This is another cross stitch pattern that I have converted into needlepoint. I kept largely to the colors that were called for, changing maybe only one or two. It's going to have stylized Christmas trees on it when all the background is stitched. I believe the pattern is from Art-Stitch. I'm also making good time on it and hope it have it finished by the end of this month. We'll see if I can make it.