Monday, October 4, 2010
It Wasn't Meant To Be
It's been one of those days. I really wanted to stitch today. I mean I REALLY wanted to sit and spend the day stitching. Well, I started The Wave (my next BAP) over the weekend. And I was really pleased with the progress I had made in that short period of time. Then as I was stitching today, I suddenly noticed that that the first grid, which should have been 10x10 was actually 9x10. So I was going to off by one stitch all the way down the left side of the pattern. Now that wouldn't have been so bad if same color was used. But no, after about the first 10 rows, the colors started changing and I just knew I'd get in trouble down the line. So I started frogging it. Now remember this is being down over 1 with one thread. I managed to get one row out but it's going to have to be ripped out a little at a time or I'm either going to scream or throw it out. So then I decided to work on a Veraco kit that Dave had given me last Christmas. It's the Autumn Abstract which I love. Now it's supposed to have presorted threads. You can see from the picture just what their definition of presorting is. It was 2 strands of thread in each hole and the rest in a lump. Now I suppose you could just pull from the lump after you have finished what was on the card. But how on earth would you know what color they want you to use. So I am somewhat patiently matching all the threads up before I can start stitching on it. At this rate, it will be time to start cooking supper and I'll have done zero, zilch, nada stitching. Somedays it just doesn't pay!