Monday, October 31, 2011

Pay It Forward!

Gosh, has it been almost 2 months since I've updated my blog?  I know time seems to fly but I hadn't realized so much time has gone by.  I actually do have a really good excuse.  Along the time of my birthday, I managed to contract Valley Fever.  Now most of you probably don't know what that is since it's endemic to the Southwest.  It's actually a fungal infection you get from breathing in the spores from the dust around here.  We've had some really good haboobs this summer (also known as dust storms) but I thought after living here for almost 18 years, I would have had a very mild case already and had nothing to worry about.  Well, I was wrong.  Valley Fever can be so mild you don't even know you have it or devastating.  My case is somewhere in between.   I spent several weeks just absolutely exhausted where I didn't even watch TV.  I just sat in my recliner and stared at the wall.  I am under a doctor's care and on meds and will probably be treated for at least another 2 months.  The doctor is watching a node on my lung but hopefully with the medication, it will disappear.

The reason I'm mentioning all this is because I fully intened to have this Pay It Forward right after my birthday.  Well, better late than never.  I was fortunate enough to win a Pay It Forward from Meari at http://www.meari.blogspot.com/ earlier this year.  So now I'm paying it forward to two more people.  Here are the rules:

1). Send no less than 5 stitching related items per person within the next 365 days.

2). Items can be DMC, other threads, stitching needles, straight pins, buttons, scissors, ribbons, ect. - a combination of items such as 3 threads, 1 pack of straight pins, and 1 pack of stitching needles or just 5 threads.

3). The items must be new and not used.

4). If you win, you must be willing to post this PIF on your blog and do the same for at least 2 people.  This PIF is very simple and easy to do.

So that's all there is to it.  Just leave a comment on this post (with your email please) and you're entered.  I'll be picking 2 winners 2 weeks from today.  Feel free to post this on your blogs or tell your friends about it.  The more the merrier.  Have fun with this and good luck!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Bette, I will join your PIF. that sounds like fun and not too much of a committment, easy to do. :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow, that sounds serious and must really suck! I had never heard of it before.

Donna's Stitching said...

This sounds like fun please enter me thanks and I will pif also
Donna luvmyqsnaps@yahoo.com

Meari said...

Oh geeze... I do hope you're feeling better soon!!