Thursday, August 2, 2012

What To Do With Leftovers


Stitching the Night Away Stitching Bloggers Blog Hop

This is a very interesting subject for a blog hop.  I'll be very interested in seeing what others do with their leftovers from a project.

What do you do with the floss, thread, beads, and other elements you have left over from full project kits?

I don't often use kits.  Not because I dislike the idea of kits.  It's just that I have enough charts and patterns to keep me busy forever.  But I do have a fair amount of them.  Okay, I have a lot of them, I'll admit it.  If I like the design, I'll get the kit.  Simple as that.  And I use all the elements in the kit.  I'm basically cheap and hate the idea of wasting the fabric and the floss.  But the leftovers?  I have to be honest, I don't save the leftover floss.  I just add it to my ort ball that I've had since 1992.  Wow!  That's over 20 years ago.  If it's a Mill Hill kit, I'll sort any leftover beads and store them for later use.  Other beads just stay in their little bags and get stuck in a drawer somewhere.  I usually just toss the needles.  By the time I'm done with them, they're unusable.

Visit all the blogs in this round of the Stitching the Night Away Stitching Blogger Blog Hop:
Find the instructions on how to participate in this round by clicking here

1 comment:

Kasey said...

You have saved all of your ORTS since the '90s??? Wow!! That must be one heck of a ball at this point.