Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Blog Hop #14 - 2012 in Review


Stitching the Night Away Stitching Bloggers Blog Hop


What was your biggest stitching accomplishment in 2012?
What was your favorite stash acquisition in 2012 and will you be using it in 2013?

Oh boy, this is a question I'm almost embarrassed to answer.  This is probably the first year I didn't finish anything!  Nothing, nada, zip.  I've been stitching for 35 years now and I believe this is the first year I didn't finish anything.  Of course, I think I have a pretty good reason.  Since I had my first eye surgery in March, I haven't been able to see well enough to stitch.  It was very frustrating to sit down and try to stitch and I couldn't even see the holes.  I did manage to participate in stitching my bosses Christmas present nut that was before the first surgery so I guess I can count that.  I'm hoping in 2013 to be able to get back into the stitching groove.  I want to finish Elsie's baby sampler and her Christmas stocking and then I want to do a wedding sampler for Brian and Alisha.  That's all my goals for now.  I figure if I keep my expectations low I might be able to accomplish them.

My favorite acquisition for the year occurred in the last month.  I had won the Survival pool over at the message board for Cross stitch 123 and with my gift certificate I bought myself a couple of designs by Chatelaine.  I really wanted Hawaiian Garden Mandala and the Sea Quilt but I could not justify the expense. So I decided that is what I wanted to get and now I have them in my hot little hands and plan on drooling over them while I ponder stitching them.

Hopefully 2013 will be much more productive than 2012 was.

Visit all the blogs in this round of the Stitching the Night Away Stitching Blogger Blog Hop:
Find the instructions on how to participate in this round by clicking here

2 comments:

Nicola said...

Good luck with your goals. SO MUCH TO TEMPT BUT NOT ENOUGH HANDS.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Given family milestones and issues with your eyes I think it's okay that you didn't finish anything last year!!! I'm sure you'll be stitching up a storm to make up for it this year.