Thursday, February 19, 2015

Throwback Thursday

This is one of my favorite pieces I have ever done.  It's from EMS Designs and I believe it's called Summer Bouquet.  It's stitched on a hand dyed fabric from R & R Reproductions with DMC floss.

The only thing I don't like about EMS Designs is that she uses a lot of the same symbols for different colors.  She has 3 different sizes of dots, squares and triangles.  I stitched the lily with pale shades of lavender before I realized it should have been stitched with pale taupe.  Very frustrating to rip it all out especially since the fabric was very fragile.  I almost decided not to finish it but I REALLY liked the design and so I spent several hours very carefully frogging it.  I am glad I stuck with it cause it is one of my favorites.  And after many years of hanging in the shop where I worked, it's finally at home in my family room.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

I can see why it's one of your favorites. It's gorgeous!
Cathy
CraftyCat

rosey175 said...

This is really lovely! A bit of a shame you had to rip out the lavender though, that sounds like it would've been nice too.

Anitha said...

So gorgeous! is it really stitching?? i thought it's a painted flowers on fabric for a moment.. have a nice day! hugs:)