Sunday, September 2, 2007

Time Passes

Where did the summer go? Seems like only yesterday that my daughter was home from college and my son & his wife were here for a week. That was in May. And now here it is Labor Day Weekend. We took Sherrie back to Flagstaff Thursday a week ago. I've always loved Autumn: the colored leaves, football season, the anticipation of Thanksgiving. Now it seems like the older I get, the faster time moves. A common complaint, I'm sure.

With that in mind, I'd better get busy and work on my Christmas stitching. I really only have one thing that I definitely want to finish. I'm knitting an angora scarf for Sherrie and I'd like to get it done for Christmas. It does get pretty cold up where she is (Northern Arizona University) and I know she'll appreciate. The only problem with it is that angora sheds. I'v ehad lots of the stuff stick to my lips and get up my nose while knitting with it. If I have time (there's that word again), I might try knitting an afghan for my son and daughter-in-law. But if it doesn't happen, that's ok. It could be for Chris's birthday in January.

My needlepoint class is going well. This coming Wednesday is the last of the beginner's group. I'm quite pleased with the way mine is turning out. When it's all done, I should take a picture and post it. The colors are very Autumn-like. It's been interesting to see the colors the other ladies have chosen. They're all so different yet equally beautiful. I've learned alot in this class and hopefully will be able to take the intermediate class being offered in January.

I've made little progress on Gabe or CDC. Most of my free time has been spent doing the homework for the needlepoint class. Since I only have one more class, I hope to get back to stitching on both of them.

Well, I'm starving and lunch isn't quite ready, so maybe I'll go find something to tide me over. Happy Labor Day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also live in Phoenix, visit my blog sometime @ www.tajinaz.blogspot.com or e-mail me @ tajinaz36@yahoo.com or if you ever need a stitching partner for inspiration let me know.

Anonymous said...

Which cross stitch shop do you work at by the way? I would love to work at a cross stitch shop!!

Bette said...

teejay, I work at Needler's Nest in Surprise. It's actually more than just a cross stitch shop. We have needlepoint, Brazilian Embroidery, cross stitch, and a full yarn shop on the second floor. I've been there for 2 1/2 years now. I went there after Countless Stitches closed. I miss Countless Stitches alot, but the owner of the new shop has been really good to me (to all her employees), so it's all good. And I will visit your blog. Thanks for the offer. Maybe we can inspire each other.

Tracy J said...

Would u mind deleting the previous comment so my email will not be public. TY

Tracy J said...

Would u mind deleting the previous comment so my email will not be public. TY