Sunday, February 3, 2008

Finally A Finish!





Well, here it is. My first finish for 2008. This is a little freebie I did from the Michael Powell BB. It's called Little Cottage. The exchange required that the item be finished. That's just not my strong point. So I decided a bookmark might be fun. I used a rectangle Token & Trifle and stitched the design on it. On the back piece I put all the pertinent info about the exchange. Glued them together with a ribbon between the pieces and viola! a bookmark. I do think it's a pretty cute way of finishing something when you don't exactly have the sewing skills that others might have. Anyway it's a start, albeit a small one. Today I'm going to work on Cirque des Triangles while waiting for the Super Bowl to start. And, yes, I only watch it for the commercials.
I'm really excited about my trip to Nashville this week. It's so exciting to go and be the first to see (and buy!) all the new stuff the designers are offering. I'd like to start carrying the Lakeside linens in our store and also some of the new linens from Weeks Dye Works. They also have a new line of threads. Well not new colors but older colors wound on spools for punchneedle embroidery. Plus all the new designs that are offered. Merry & I also are taking 3 classes each on Friday and that's always fun for us. So when I get back I'll have lots to talk about.

5 comments:

Beatrice said...

That is just soooo cute. Nice finish!
What a great idea.

Bette said...

Thanks, Beatrice. I'm NO good at finishing sp I thought this was a very clever way of doing it.

Sharon said...

Cute finish! Lucky you going to Nashville!

Sonda said...

What a cute little house! Nice job!

Miokka said...

Nice finish! Can't wait to hear all about Nashville! I'm hoping I can go next year!!!! It's on the list!
Tell us everything!!!
~~Martha~~