Friday, March 28, 2008

Bette's Horrible, Terrible, Not-So-Good Month!

Have you ever had one of those months that you just wish would disappear? Well, march has been like that for me. If I could go back and erase it from the calendar, I'd do it in a heartbeat. First, we found out that Dave's dad has inoperable lung cancer (has never smoked but lived in coal country for years). He's been given about 6 months. He also has dementia so we're not sure how much he really understands. But the blessed thing is that he's in no pain whatsoever. His only symptom is hoarseness. Dave plans on arranging some business trips to Fl to spend some time with his parents.

Next I got a very bad case of the flu while Dave was in Fl earlier this month. Sherrie was worried about getting me to the ER cause my fever was so high (almost 106). Fortunately I was able to get it to a more manageable level. It still took me almost 2 weeks to fully recover.

Then I got some bad news about my eyesight. I've been treated for glaucoma for about 6 years. Then 2 years ago I was put on a beta blocker to control my heart rate. It turns out the oral beta blocker nullifies the beta blocker eyedrops I was using. So when I was at the eye doctor last week, she discovered I had pinpoint hemmoraging around the optical nerve in both eyes. So she switched my drops and have to go back in mid-April to have the pressure checked again. It's really scary to think I'm really close to losing some of my vision.

To top everything off, we thought my oldest son was finally back on the right track after have strayed about 5 years ago. Now he tells us that he may be back in trouble with the courts and may have his probation revoked. I'm not sure how much we can or should help. I'm afraid we've only been enabling him for several years and it's finally catching up with all of us.

All I can say is I'll be so glad when this month is over. Lots of prayers have gone up for lots of different reasons. I know God never gives you more than you can handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much. But maybe my lesson is that I need to trust in Him more to take care of things in His way and His time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Bette, to hear that you are having so many trials at one time. I hope it will all work out right. I am here if you ever want someone to talk to or e-mail or anything, just ask.

Bette said...

Thanks, Tracy. I do want to get together again and stitch with you some day. I'll give you a call next week and see if we can arrange something.

Beatrice said...

Bette..so sorry that things are so rough for you at this time. Please know my thoughts and PRAYERS are with you and your family.
Get well soon from that flu. It sounds awful.

Karen said...

Bette, sorry to hear you are having a rough time. I hope April brings you better health, luck and everything else under the sun. I have only been at the shop on the weekends so i haven't seen you there lately, maybe i will make it over on a weekday when you are there. hugs, karen

www.karenaz.blogspot.com

Miokka said...

So sorry it's been such a bad month. I will keep you & yours in my pryaers.

Sonda said...

Bette, I hope your days get easier and that every day brings you at least one bright spot to focus on! Prayers for you and your family! My husband and I were just having the *we've got to stop enabling* discussion about his mom. It's just so HARD when it's family. :) {{HUGS}}