Monday, April 28, 2008

Happy Anniversary, David!


29 years ago today I married the most wonderful guy ever. Now he wasn't the man of my dreams. That guy was tall, blond and British (or Australian or Kiwi - I wasn't particular). David is not so tall, dark hair (whatever is left) and solidly American. But I'm convinced God has a sense of humor and gave me just who I needed and not what I thought I wanted. Now we've had some rough times(his layoff which led us to AZ, my miscarriage) but through them all, we've stuck together and only loved each other more. He was a saint when my dad moved in three years ago. He probably handled his living with us better than I did. He is, in a word, a good man.
For our anniversary he had already given me a new Daylight lamp for my craft room. Yesterday he brought me flowers. He said they had to have lots of daisies cause they were our wedding flowers and the rest had to be yellow because that was one of our wedding colors. So he bought the gorgeous bouquet you see in the picture. I truely have been blessed to have married such a great guy.

2 comments:

Beatrice said...

Happy Anniversary to you both.
He sounds like the perfect man to me.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I guess next year will be another big milestone anniversary. I hope you have a wonderful celebration.