Sunday, May 25, 2008

More Progress!


Well, Ive made more progress on Michael Powell's Windmill. I'm a little bit more than half way done with the cross stitching. I've been debating whether to do all the backstitching at the end or do some of it now and the rest later. I think while I'm on a roll, I'll just keep on with the cross stitching. I'm really pleased with the way this one is turning out. And I have to admit I broke done and bought his newest design called English Village I. I really, really like his designs and can't seem to get enough of them. If it hadn't been for them and Ink Circles, I'd probably still be in my stitching slump. Now I haven't had any of them framed yet (they're hanging in the shop with thumb tacks in the corners) but I still enjoy looking at them. I didn't get much chance to stitch in Minneapolis due to lack of time but also because the lighting in the apartment was really bad. Most of my recent progress has been made in the last week or two. This one makes me happy just looking at it. Wouldn't you love to live in one of his pictures?

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Bette, it is looking wonderful!

Sonda said...

The windmill looks great! Glad you enjoyed your trip to Minneapolis!