Friday, June 13, 2008

Decisions, Decisions



I'm in a little bit of a quandry here. I've been working on Cirque des Triangles for a while now. I've been stitching it on Christmas Green Hardanger fabric with a multicolored Weeks Dye Works thread. When I'm at home, I really don't like the combination. When it's at work, it's not so bad. So I decided to start it over with a totally different combination of fabric and fibers. The 2nd photo is using a light pink 32ct linen over 2 threads with an overdyed thread from Thread Werks. Both the thread and fabric are actually pinker than they show in the photo. I'm really torn between the 2. My friends at work tell me I should stick with the green cause they really like that one. But I like the pink too. Maybe it's the lighting at home that's bothering me. I've done too much work to just chuck the green although I've been tempted to sometimes. I'm just not sure if I'll like it after putting all that work into it. I definitely will do the pink. I really like that one. I've never been one to stitch something twice but I may have to in this case.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

I think they both look great-but the green really stands out!

Miokka said...

I like them both! but I really like the green. If you are not liking it, is there a way to not do the whole chart and maybe just end up with a half size? Woul dsomeone at work like to finish it for you? Just some ideas... go with your heart & you will be happy!
~~Martha~~

Bette said...

Thanks for your input, ladies. I've been thinging about it and studying th epictures and have decided, drum roll please, to do both of them. I don't normally stitch things twice but I think the colors are so different that I won't mind stitching it again.

Sonda said...

I'm visiting late...but my vote is to do both. Stitch the green at work and the pink at home. You will surely find a home for the one you like least in the end.