Saturday, October 11, 2008

Our State Fair Is a Great State Fair!



My apologies for stealing a line from the move State Fair. I just couldn't resist. The weather was gorgeous here in Phoenix today. 76 degrees with a cool breeze blowing. Ok, it was a pretty hefty wind but I love windy days so it was fine with me. Dave and I decided to go to the AZ State Fair in the morning and beat the large crowds. We had lunch, as usual, at the Piggly Wiggly booth and ended the day with our usual massages. We are such creatures of habit! I did see something new which I thought was really cute. It was called the Banana Derby and had little cappucine monkeys riding really big dogs. Apparently the monkeys decided to ride the dogs first and the owners decided that maybe others might enjoy seeing them perform. Both species seemed to be having a really good time and I don't think it bothered either the dogs or the monkeys. My other favorite thing was the animal barns. They had some 3 day old chicks that were adorable. They were all huddled under the heat lamp to keep warm. I also loved the bunnies. I wonder what Squeak would do with a rabbit. I was really surprised that there wasn't more cross stitch on exhibit. There must have been over 100 quilts on display and maybe a dozen cross stitch and needlepoint pieces. I guess that's the way it's been for a while now. I believe cross stitch will make a comeback, It's just a matter of time. Well, the animals need fed and David's is (im)patiently waiting for me to watch a movie with him. Happy Fall, y'all!

4 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

I have been dying to enter something in the state or county fair.... hmmmmmm gotta get my L&L framed so I can enter her.

Thank you for the pattern. It showed up today!!

Bette said...

You're very welcome. I'm glad someone can enjoy it. It's so much nicer than sitting in a file cabinet.

Beatrice said...

Is that ever a cute picture of the dog with the monkey on his back. It looks like you had a wonderful day!

Rachel S-H said...

That sounds like a lovely day. Would have loved to watch the Banana Derby.