Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Purge Continues!




Well, the purge here has continued. I admit it's taking longer than I anticipated but I don't have a deadline so I'm not too worried about it. I've cleaned out both file cabinets and I know exactly what's staying from my magazine collection. I had thought about keeping all my Treasures in Needlework issues and my Cross Stitch Sampler issues but let's get real. I've had them for over 10 years now and have never stitched anything out of them. And probably won't. So they are going. The first 2 pictures are what's staying (so far). The third picture is what is going. Now I've made a rule that whatever is in the going pile, then there's no second chances. Once it's there, it's gone. I do want to make one more pass at the things I think I'll be keeping to see if I can get rid of anything else. I've already gone through it twice and I figure three times should be plenty. Each time I go through things, it gets a little bit easier. Now I need to decide how I'm going to get rid of stuff. I think some of it will go to Big Brothers Big Sisters for their stores. The rest I'll sell, probably on Quin's. Ebay has just gotten to be too expensive with all their fees. I do feel good about what I've accomplished so far. Now to figure out how to store everything when I'm through sorting.

5 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Congratulations on your commitment to purge...
I find it difficult... LOL
It was hard enough for me to chose what to let go to help me earn money for that lawsuit...

I know I will regret it later.

Karen said...

you go girl! i have purged a bunch of mine as well, but still have alot. LOL When you know what you plan on selling etc, let us know, i would love to see what you have there.

Beatrice said...

Wow what a job. I'm sure you will be well satisfied when you are all done!

Dani - tkdchick said...

I'm always afraid to purge there's that fear that perhaps you're getting rid of something you might need down the road!

Miokka said...

Wow, that is a ton of work! Better you than me! Have you thought about making another blog and selling your want no mores there?
Keep up the good work!
~~Martha~~