Friday, April 17, 2009

Problem Solved!



Well, I finally figured out a way around my problem with all the quarter stitches in the center portion of this design. I've been in a real slump because I want to finish this but couldn't see a way out. Then it dawned on me. Just don't stitch the little buggers. I think I will determine which color will be in the foreground and then just stitch that color. I doubt anyone will look close enough at the pattern or my stitching, for that matter, to tell that I've done it that way. I have made considerable progress on this piece in just the last week or so. And that's just stitching for an hour in the morning before I go to work. So I can see an end in sight to the center section. The rest should go fairly quickly.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Hello Bette - waving at you from northeast Phx! I saw a link to your blog on the Stitchers Village. I have been stitching for almost 30 yrs off and on and am a regular customer of the Attic. Nice to "meet" you. :)

Beatrice said...

Good for you ...good decision...
It's about having fun and that sounds like much more fun!