Monday, March 7, 2011

End of Day 1


So we're at the end of the first day of the great kitchen remodeling project. As you can see all of the tile has been removed. It's gone! The old ugly saltillo is forever vanished from the kitchen, dining room and foyer. It will never show its butt-ugly face in my house. Can you tell that I really, REALLY disliked that stuff? The guys (and I include my dear husband David in that) did a superb job in keeping the dust out of the rest of the house. Big sheets of plastic, open doors, and the swamp cooler did wonders in keeping the air and the dust out of the house. The dogs spent the day outside. Rosie loved it, Bear keep asking why he couldn't come in. Squeak spent her time either in the closet or under the bed. She was NOT a happy kitty. Tomorrow will be more of the same as our floor guy comes back and gets the floor surface ready for the new tile. That will be laid in several weeks because he has another job he has commited to but that's okay cause the ugly tile is gone forever!

3 comments:

Pauline said...

Just dropped by to catch up- Oh, how exciting for you renovating your kitchen! I felt that way when our bathroom was renovated about 5 years ago. I love walking into it everyday, and it still looks brand new!

How are you managing your cooking or food preparation? That is what puts me off renovating our kitchen, along with the mess as ours is in between our family room, lounge room and laundry. Keep posting the pics!

I read that your exchange piece finally reached it's destination! It wouldn't surprise me that someone decided it was too hard to deliver your package and it was easier just to return it to you. I'm still waiting for a fabric order that was due to leave US when the tradewinds first created problems and cargo was being taken off and left behind. I guess someone is enjoying that fabric somewhere...

Dani - tkdchick said...

I'll get my hug from you on Monday okay???

Karen said...

how fun! can't wait to see it finished!
please email me when you see this comment.

kmdecker2000@yahoo.com