Sunday, May 8, 2011

New member of the Family


I thought I'd show off the new puppy we got yesterday.  We (my DD Sherrie and DS Brian) went to a pet expo yesterday.  Now I had no intention of returning with a dog although I knew this summer would be a perfect time to get one.  Sherrie will have the summer off from teaching and can help with the training.  But I just didn't know if I was ready to deal with 3 dogs.  Bear is not getting any better and I'm afraid his time is short.  Maybe that's why I though a 3rd dog at this time might ease things for Sherrie and Rosie (our Aussie/Sheltie).  Well, there were all kinds of rescue organizations there.  I did want a younger puppy because of all of the issues we had when Rosie came to us.  So while wandering around, we spied some beautiful puppies.  There were 5 red ones and a black one.  I just couldn't leave her behind.  I called DH (who is out of town) and he said it was up to me.  Wrong thing to say!  So we are now the proud owners of a very mixed puppy.  The only thing we know for sure is that the mom is a German Shepherd mix.  We think we are going to call her Annabelle with Annie for short.  Not sure if that is definite but that's what we're leaning towards.  So, World, meet Annie.

4 comments:

Cath said...

She is so cute . Hope she settles in well. X

Anonymous said...

What a sweet face she has! So cute but the teething sort of scares me. Good luck with her.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Adorable new addition

Lainey said...

She's adorable Bette!