Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Couple of WIP's


I thought I'd show a couple of the WIP's that I've been working on lately.  The top one is Cirque des Carreaux from Ink Circles.  It's stitched on 25 count lugana in a color called Terra Cotta.  I'm not even sure if the color is still available.  I've had it for so long in my stash that it could be many years old.  I'm stitching it in a Threadworks color.  I really wanted to use this fabric but really had an awful time finding a color that would work with it.  I think I succeeded with the green.  It reminds me of Autumn and I'm really happy with it.  I've made good progress with it.  I finished half of what you see there in just about 1 week's time. 

The second picture is the new project I added in since I finished a new project.  This is another cross stitch pattern that I have converted into needlepoint.  I kept largely to the colors that were called for, changing maybe only one or two.  It's going to have stylized Christmas trees on it when all the background is stitched.  I believe the pattern is from Art-Stitch.  I'm also making good time on it and hope it have it finished by the end of this month.  We'll see if I can make it.

2 comments:

Jules said...

I love your choice of colors for Cirque des Carreaux!! Both of your WIPs are beautiful!

Sue said...

I love your Cirque's piece. The thread color looks beautiful on that linen ;)