Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Blog Hop #10 - My least Favorite Threads

Stitching the Night Away Stitching Bloggers Blog Hop

Gosh, is it that time already?  Time for another blog hop?  I guess it is but I want to know where the rest of my year went.  Anyway, back to the business at hand.  I can't wait to read everyone else's response.

What’s your absolute least-favorite thread to work with?

I had to think about this because there are not too many threads I dislike.  I'm a fiber junkie and I can usually find something to like about any thread I use.  But I do have one thread that I loath and that's not too strong a word.  I hate the old DMC metallics, you know the ones that came on a big spool.  To me it was like stitching with electrical wire.  I once almost threw out a project because it was all stitched in them.  It sat in a drawer until I discovered Kreinik's #4 braid.  I haven't tried the new DMC metallics but with so many other threads available, I doubt if I ever will.

I also dislike DMC black and white.  Both seem kind of thin to me.  I much prefer the Anchor varieties. (actually if truth be told, I prefer Anchor in general over DMC).  I'll use the DMC if I don't have the Anchor handy but really dislike using them.

I love Weeks Dye Works and Gentle Arts threads but sometimes they can be frustrating to work with.  They seem to have thin spots and tangle real easily.  But I love the effect they create so I'm willing to put up with a little frustration to use them.

Visit all the blogs in this round of the Stitching the Night Away Stitching Blogger Blog Hop:
Find the instructions on how to participate in this round by clicking here.


Meari said...

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who finds WDW and GAST easily tangle.

I've used the newer DMC metallics and they're rather stiff, too. I don't know what the old DMC metallic was like, though.

Loretta Oliver said...

I absolutely agree with the black and white threads feeling thinner than everything else! Sometimes I'll use three strands of those instead of two for better coverage in big areas.

Dani - tkdchick said...

I agree whole heatedly, DMC Metallics are soo nasty!!!!

Bridge said...

Glad to know I am not the only one who thinks DMC black is thin and sometimes troublesome ;)