Monday, October 29, 2012

Favorite Designers?

Do you often find yourself drawn to certain designers?  Do you find yourself buying patterns just because they're from a certain designer?  Do you have to have everything from said designer even if it means spending lots of money on ebay to get that one pattern that's out of print and you absolutely have to have it to complete your collection?  Well, I have done that in the past and it's sad to say I'm still doing it.  In the past I've loved Just Nan and had to have all her new patterns that came out.  Then all of a sudden, I lost interest in her work.  Maybe it was because the charts just became too expensive for me to purchase any more.  Or maybe it was the exclusivity she tried to push.  For whatever reason, I lost interest in her patterns.  I think the last one I bought was Hummingbead Heaven.
 
Then there was Prairie Schooler, another one that I had to have all the patterns they put out.  I still like some of their older patterns but I have plenty, I don't need any more new ones.

I still like Michael Powell and his quirky little houses but let's face it.  I really can't afford them so I'll just be happy with the ones I have and leave it at that.

Then there's Lizzie Kate, La Broderie, Shepherd's Bush,  Drawn Thread, you get the idea.  I've kept my favorite designs and kits but most will have to be weeded through and rehomed.

My current favorite has to be Margaret Sherry.  My normal rule for buying a magazine is that there has to be at least 3 charts in it that I would stitch.  But if the magazine has a Margaret Sherry design in it, well then that issue is mine, regardless if I never plan on stitching anything else in it.  Just a couple of weeks ago, I saw in this month's issue of World of Cross Stitching that a new calendar was coming out in the next issue with 6 new Margaret Sherry designs.  Yep, you guessed it.  I haunted Barnes & Noble until it showed up there.  The designs are so cute.  They make me smile just looking at them.  I think it will be quite a while before I get tired of her.

1 comment:

Kathy A. said...

Wonderful chat about designers and collections. I think my biggest collection is Mirabilia, followed by Sweetheart Tree and now I'm gathering Just Nan. Stitching them is a different story lol.
Love the Margaret Sherry. Glad you were able to find the calendar.