Friday, December 21, 2012

An Update

I just thought I'd give an update on my eye surgery happy dance.  So far the pressure is staying within normal range without any eye drops.  That to me is the most important.  That means I may not lose any more vision than I already have.  The other big news is that I now have 20/20 vision without glasses.  I can actually watch the TV without any glasses.  I am officially considered farsighted now.  It feels really strange to not wear glasses all the time but I suppose I can get used to it.  I do wear them for reading and close work (ever tried to file a nail when you can't see it?).  I have knit some and can do that without glasses but I haven't tried to cross stitch yet.  So I'm still happy dancing all over my house and this time I'm not tripping over the furniture any more!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is my first time reading your blog and I've gone back quite a bit. I, too, have glaucoma and have had 2 different surgeries on each eye, then cataract surgery on both and finally a laser procedure on the right eye for scar tissue. I don't use any drops any more (almost 2 years) and my distance vision is 20/20. The pressures have stayed within what my doctor is comfortable with so I'm happy.

I love your stitching! I'm starting back up now I can see better but still have lights and magnifiers.

Good Luck and Happy Stitching.

rosey175 said...

I can't imagine life without some form of corrective lenses. I've had glasses since around 4-5 years old and can only see things (clearly) if they're about 5 inches from my nose! I'm glad your surgery went well and that you can see the world without tripping over it, haha~ :D

Sharon said...

Glad to hear things are going well! I can't imagine life without glasses as I have worn them since the age of 7!

Mii Stitch said...

This is fantastic news!! I'm the same as Rosey, I've had to wear glasses since I'm 6...

Dani - tkdchick said...

Yay Bette! That's awesome news great xmas gift!