Sunday, November 18, 2007

Cirque Des Triangles - Part 1

Well, I've managed to start CDT this week at work. I've decided to stitch it on 22ct Christmas Green Hardanger fabric. I don't know what it is anymore with me and green. It's not even one of my favorite colors. But for some reason, I'm drawn to it for these patterns. I'm using a multicolored thread from Weeks Dye Works called Calypso. It's bright and cheerful and I really like it with the fabric. I'll probably post pictures later this week when I have a little more done. One thing I know I'll be using a lot of is Thread Heaven. The WDW thread really wants to knot on me. I'll be stitching along and all of a sudden there's a slip knot on the front of the work.

I took CDC to be framed on Friday. I'm trying a new (to me) framer. He's been in the area for years and Merry from work finally convinced me to take CDC to him. What amazed me was the price. Less than $45.00 total to frame it. I didn't have any mats put on it but I was still shocked at the price. When he told me I asked him if that included the labor. Yep, it was bottom line. Depending on how I like the finished product, I may have found a new framer.

I hope everyone out there has a blessed Thanksgiving. The Lord has given me so many blessings and I'm thankful for them every day. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Miokka said...

Wow! I need to send my piece to your new framer! Can't wait to see "it" framed!
~~Martha~~