Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Year's Resolutions Stitchy Style!

Well, I hope everyone had a Blessed Christmas. I know I did. It was wonderful to have Brian and Sherrie home and enjoying the holiday. The only one missing was Chris but we had a nice long chat with him and Annette Christmas evening. It capped off a lovely day.

As the new year approaches, I've been doing a lot of soul searching about the size of my stash, both in cross stitch and knitting. I've decided I really need to reduce it. I'll never live long enough to do everything. My tastes have changed over the years and there's no point in storing stuff just for the sake of storing it. So I got started by cannabilzing my magazine collection. So far I've reduced 3 file cabinet drawers to a pile of patterns about 6 inches high. I've got one more drawer to go. My knitting magazines are harder to do. They often don't have the pattern anywhere near the picture. Those magazines are going straight into the sell pile. After I finish the magazines, I'll get to work on the cross stitch patterns. I have 3 file cabinet drawers full of them. I may even go through my fabrics and see what I can get rid of there. I have just way too much stuff.

So my resolutions are as follows:

No new stash - use what I have if at all possible.

Begin 10-25-50 plan - start small with 10 projects (can't get too carried away now, can I?)

Finish 2 UFO's before starting a new project (this is the hard one for me. I love starting new projects)

Organize my craft room (already started on this one)

Start my card system to locate items in stash.

The last 2 items are some I've been thinking about since last May. I figure it's time I stop thinking and start doing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a nice Christmas and what a great plan to start off the new year. Good luck on your organizing venture.

Bette said...

Thanks, Tracy. Am compiling my list of projects to work on for this year. We'll see how long my resolve lasts. ;-)