Sunday, December 2, 2007

CDC Framed!


Well, here it is. My first finished item in over 3 years. It's quite a relief to be able to say I finished something. As you can see, I kept the framing very simple. Just a plain dark green frame. I would have liked the framed to be wider but apparently the wider frame in that color has been discontinued. And It does have glass on it. I have a swamp cooler (another name for an evap cooler) that we use for most of of cooling needs (saves on air conditioning in all but July and August). It puts out a very fine white dust that sticks to everything. So I use glass to protect my work. I was really impressed with how straight the framer was able to stretch it. Having done some stretching myself, I know how difficult it can be. Anyway it's done and I'm pretty happy with it. I'll be taking it to work to display it for a while. Then home it comes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bette it's stunning! Congratulations on a finish, keep it up. Your new header is pretty too, love the southwest flavor of it.

Bette said...

Thanks, Tracy. Have wanted to do a new header for a long time and just mow found the time to play with it.

Miokka said...

Bette! Congratulations! Well done! I love it!! Thanks for sharing.
If you get tired of it hanging around, you can always send it to Flordia for the Winter! {;^)
Keep up the good work!
~~Martha~~

Sharon said...

This an absolutely gorgeous finish and framing! Congrats. Thank you too for your kind comments on my blog. Will definitely pop in on you from time to time!