Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Great Vacation!





Well, vacation has come and gone. I can hardly believe Sherrie is heading back to school this week (and with a lot of luck & prayer Brian will be going to NAU as well). We had a wonderful time on vacation. It had been years since Dave and I had gone to any amusement parks. Monday we stopped at the beach before we checked into the hotel. The girls had a fun time splashing in the water. Elizabeth (the tall gal in turquoise) had never seen the ocean before so it was quite a treat for her. After dinner at a nice Thai restaurant, we never saw the girls till it was time to leave on Thursday. Dave and I spent Tuesday at Universal Studios and Wednesday at Disneyland. I have to admit I liked Universal Studios better than Disney. The rides were so much more exciting. Dave started feeling ill on the first one we went on and didn't start feeling better till after lunch. So I ended up on the Jurassic Park River ride twice. The first time he didn't feel like riding and the second time because he did. So I spent most of the day wet but since it was hot, that didn't bother me. Wednesday we went to Disneyland. We enjoyed it but my knees and ankle really started hurting me so we ended up renting a wheelchair so I could get around a little better. Taking this vacation was like being a kid again. Now I'm not saying I would do it anytime again real soon, but it was lots of fun while it lasted. And we got to spend some quality time with the girls (well, while they were a captive audience in the car that is). So now it's back to a pile of receiving at work and a dining room that needs painted at home.

3 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Glad you had a great time on your vacation Bette!

Sharon said...

Looks like you had fun!

Beatrice said...

It's wonderful that you had such a good time... nice pics.