Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Purge Part 2

Ok, this is really hard (yes, I am whining here). I finally finished going through the first drawer of my file cabinet. I guess the first decision I had to make was do I want to work on mostly BAP's from here on out or do I want to stitch short, quick projects from now on? Or do I want to mix it up and do a combination of both? I think I do want to mix it up a bit cause there's no way I only want to do the big ones from here on out. I do like the satisfaction of finishing something once in a while. So I found myself getting rid of lots of different graphs and patterns. As I was going through everything, I felt like I was revisiting old friends. I hadn't seen some of those charts in years and had forgotten all about them. I guess that's a good sign that I'm on the right track by purging them. I'm also having second thoughts about some of the things I swore never to get rid of. I found some Shepherd's Bush patterns that just don't appeal to me anymore. Now I still love all their kits but some of the patterns just seem kind of pale to me. So they went into the sell pile. As much as I dislike getting rid of all this stuff, I also feel good about taking back my space. It's like I have the proverbial devil on one shoulder and angel on the other. The devil is telling me that I'll need it someday and I relly want to keep it, so why not? The angel, on the other hand, is saying you didn't even remember you had it so why shove it back in storage for another 30 years (yep, some of my charts are really that old). I figure if someone can get some enjoyment out of them, well, that's ok with me.

3 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Still cheering you on.... You can do it!!!!

Karen said...

Good luck to you Bette! I am sure you have TONS of stash in there and you will find many more projects you want to start. let me know if you need me to come over and unbury you. LOL

Miokka said...

Wow! You are doing a great job! I need to do the same thing, but am afraid! I have magazines out the ying yang, 30 years worth, plus all the charts and booklets and kits... egad! I'll watch your progress and take notes!
Keep it up!
~~Martha~~