Sunday, January 24, 2010

Another Sunday Update



Gee, the time seems really like it's flying. It's already Sunday again so here's another update to my stitching progress. I made some real progress this week. The weather was so bad here that I didn't even go in on Thursday. The shop was open but I had finished all of my work and the road that I take to work was chock full of accidents that the manager called and told me just to stay home. So I curled up with a couple of old movies and started stitching. The Lizzie Kate is turning out real cute. But it occured to me today as I was taking a picture of it that the "S" looks like it's upside down. Now it doesn't bother me but it does seem a little weird. I'm having lots of fun with the poppies. I think this is just the project I needed to get me out of my four-year long slump. I love the colors. They're so bright and cheerful, I just can't help but smile when I see them.
I've also made some progress on my other resolutions, not just my stitchy ones. I finished cleaning my craft room. I do have some magazines to go through but for the most part, it is presentable. I also started working out with Wii Active again and hope to get into a little better shape. I'll probably never get back to where I was 5 years or so ago but if I can lose 10 pounds the doctor says that will help a lot of my physical problems.

6 comments:

Karen said...

great progress Bette! the poppies are really pretty and bright! i just finished the LK one on friday and i thought the same about the S, but it is quirky. LOL

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Your poppies look wonderful....
I cannot wait to see this grow.
The S does look like it is upside down but maybe when you get more done it will look fine. lol

Annie Bee said...

No wonder your poppies make you smile they are so beautiful. I love the colour fabric you have chosen for the LK. Makes those colours just pop.

Lainey said...

Your wips are looking great Bette!

Meari said...

Nice progress, Bette

Dani - tkdchick said...

Those poppies would definately make me smile too, the colours are so beautiful and really pop on the fabric you've chosen!

Keep going with the Wii! There are huge health benefits to loosing about 10% of your body weight!