Sunday, January 16, 2011

Progress Being Made?



It sure doesn't seem like I've been stitching too much lately. Actually I have been working on my cross stitch/needlepoint hybrid project quite a bit. I really wanted to work on it this weekend but I forgot it at work and really didn't feel like going back for it. And the other projects I picked to work on this year haven't piqued my interest yet so I've been working on this one I added in at the end of last year. It's actually a kit from the Cross Stitch Guild by Jane Greenoff. It's her beginning linen kit and I'm hoping to get it stitched and framed in order to give a beginning linen class at work. Now it doesn't look like I've made too much headway on it. I did have to frog the lower right hand part of the border. Then I was looking at the chart and looking at what I had stitched and I realized I had made a mistake in the upper right hand corner. Then to my utter surprise, I discovered the exact same mistake in the
lower left hand corner. So in order to corect the mistakes I would practically have to rip everything out and start it over again. Or... I could try to fudge the areas that I have the problem in. I think I'm going to try option #2. But I will do that next so that if it doesn't work, I won't have that much more stitching to frog. I don't know how I did it but at least I was consistent.

3 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Looking good.

Beatrice said...

Frogging sucks I hope it works for you..What a nice piece!

Elaine said...

Very pretty design Bette, sorry the frog jumped all over it!