Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Anniversary to Us!

32 years ago today I married my best friend.  I remember the day like it was yesterday.  It had poured down all week (16 inches in 24 hours earlier in the week) but on the morning of our wedding, it was bright and clear.  It was a wonderful day and it was a great preview of what was to come.  Like most couples, we've had good times and not so good times.  We survived a layoff and a cross country move.  We have 3 great kids but even that was not without problems.  We had my dad living with us during the last year of his life and Dave treated him as if he were is own dad.  Through it all, we've stayed best friends and lovers.  If I had to do it all over again, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

David had the flowers waiting for me when I got home yesterday.  The daisies are extra special because they were our wedding flowers.  They're my favorite and I know that's why Dave gave them to me.  The roses are for true love and that's what he is to me. 

I didn't want this to become sappy but I just wanted to let the world know how special he is.  Happy anniversary, David!

4 comments:

Cath said...

Happy Anniversary to you both . How lovely . XXX

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Happy Anniversary to two very special people!

Sharon said...

Aww! Happy Anniversary to you both!

Karen said...

Happy Anniversary Bette! hope you two had a wonderful day!