Sunday, January 29, 2012

Stash of a Different Kind

Now I know I'm not supposed to be buying stash for a while since I have enough to last several lifetimes.  But a girl just has to take advantage of bargains when they come along, right?  Now most of you know that I work at a LNS.  We have (had) everything for needlepoint, cross stitch, embroidery, hardanger, knitting and crochet.  We had so much inventory that we actually needed two floors to handle it all.  Well, the owner and her husband have decided that the yarn department just took up too much time and money and decided to close it down. There is another yarn store on our side of town so we did have some competition in that area.  There is not another LNS though.  So we were under orders to get rid of everything up in the yarn department.  Yarn, books, accessories, it all had to go.  The prices were so good I just had to take advantage of them (actually not just me but all the employees).  What you see here is the result of my shopping.  There's 3 huge bags, 2 smaller bags and about 10 books.  And it's wonderful yarn.  There's alpaca, cashmere, merino wool and silks to die for.  No Red Heart in this bunch.  The best thing is I only paid about $350. for all of it.  Do I have plans for all of it?  Nope, not at all.  But I do have plans for lots of it and the rest I will stash until I need it.  I'm all set for retirement!

No comments: