Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Birthday Arizona!

Okay, I know a lot of people are down on Arizona lately.  They don't like our politics, our weather, our governor.  She might be a little crazy but I don't know of too many other people who have the guts to wave their finger in our president's face.  One thing I know for sure, she does love this state   I also love this state. It's been my home for 18 years now.  Sure, it get hot here in the summer, real hot.  But I don't have to go shovel snow in the middle of January.  We have gorgeous blooming cacti in the winter and fabulous sunsets (that can be attributed to our pollution but they're still gorgeous).  We have the longest, most beautiful ditch in the world.  It's called the Grand Canyon.  We have mountains in the north and deserts in the south.  We have dust storms unlike anywhere else in the world except the Sahara.  We have Valley Fever thanks to those storms.  Just like people, there's both good and bad here.  But I think the good far outweighs the bad.  I, for one, am very thankful I live here.  So I want to wish this grand, glorious paradox of a state a very happy birthday.  May the next 100 years be even brighter!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

I agree - I'm proud to be an Arizonan having been here 20 years. I don't think you'll find any states that don't have a few of their own issues. I also find the press here loves to accentuate the negative most of the time! DH and are always so happy to touch down at Sky Harbor after visiting back east - it's home :-)

Kathy A. said...

I am just a winter Arizonan but I love this state too. Happy Birthday Arizona!!!