Friday, May 19, 2017

It's FINALLY Done!

My daughter Sherrie got married 1 year ago this coming June.  When she got engaged I promised to stitch her a wedding sampler.  Well, she chose 1st Corinthians 13 from My Big Toe.  I finally finished it earlier this week.  I hadn't realized that it would take me a year and a half to stitch it.  I stitched it over one on 25 count ivory lugana with the suggested Weeks Dye Works threads.  I had to be extra careful not make any mistakes because ripping them out caused a shadow of the wrong stitch to show up on the fabric.  So I marked up my chart like crazy and counted the border stitches several times to make sure everything lined up perfectly.  I also had to chart their names and the date and then figure out how it worked in the border.  I even hid a little capitol A in the center medallion.  I am so pleased with how it turned out. 
Completed Wedding Sampler for Sherrie & Eric

Secret A

Perfectly Centered Personalization ;-)
I'm really quite proud of how this all came together.  I had my doubts that I could add the personalization so that it was centered in the border but it turned out just as I planned. 

3 comments:

cw said...

Very nice. I saw it halfway done and love the finished product...which is complete before their first wedding anniversary. Yay!

The colors are timeless. I might have made the dash "-" into a miniture ampersand "&," but that's just my style. The sampler was done with a lot of "love." - AW

Bette said...

I actually thought about using an ampersand instead of the dash but I couldn't find one I liked and that fit into the space.

Meari said...

Wow, that's beautiful!