Friday, September 5, 2008

A Little More Progress!

Well, I thought I'd have this finished by now. Of course I couldn't take in on vacation with me. Then when I came back the Olympics were on and I couldn't focus on stitching when I was busy watching to see if Michael Phelps won 8 gold medals. I could only sit and knit so it wasn't like I totally wasted the time spend in front of the TV. Then I had to help Sherrie get ready to go off to school. Oh, by the way, Brian went with her and Dave and I are officially empty nesters. So we decided to spend Labor Day weekend painting the dining room and got a good start on the living room as well. We've only been living here 14 years and just now decided it was time. A little slow, I'll admit but well worth the wait. It's amazing how much a new paint job changes the complexion of a room. So now I've run out of excuses. I'd like to get this finished in the next week cause I found a design I want to do for Chris and Annette for Christmas. So my Highland Living will have to wait till that's done. But this one is going quickly (when I work on it) and I really like the look of the perle cotton instead of the floss.

4 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

WOW Bette this one is coming out beautiful.
Hubby and I are dreaming of the day we are empty nesters although, I think it will be hardest on me.

Sharon said...

It's looking wonderful Bette!

Beatrice said...

MP windmill is looking so nice. The back stitching gives it life.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow I just love it! Makes me want to start a new MP... but I've got so much stitching to do!!!