Sunday, April 15, 2012

Stitcher's Bucket List



Do you have a Stitcher's Bucket list?  You know, the designs that if you could only stitch 1 or 2 before you had to hang up your scissors that would go right to the top of the enormous pile of stash you have hidden in your back closet.  I've been thinking a lot about this lately.  Maybe it's my impending eye surgery (it's scheduled on May 1st) that has me contemplating this.  I have lots of designs I'd really like to stitch but what would the pinnacle of my stitching lifetime?  It was hard to narrow it down but I think I would have to say it would be The Shores of Hawk Run Hollow and 2 of the Chatelaine Designs.  One is the Taj Mahal Mandala Gardens and the other is Desert Garden Mandala (which I'm sorry to say I don't have a good picture of).  I also like her Safari Mandala but I have to be reasonable.  I just can't afford too many of her charts.  Now I do have the fabric and the silks for the Shores.  The fabric is even already attached to the stretcher bars.  So why haven't I started it yet?  Good question.  I also have the fabric and fibers for the Desert Gardens.  I'm thinking I don't have to wait till I'm ready to put down my needle.  I just might get them out and do them now.  So what's on your stitching bucket list?

2 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Oh gosh Bette good question and of I had impending eye surgery I'd be asking the same thing!!!

Nice choices!

Shelly said...

I just now came upon your blog and I like your question. Autumn at Hawk Run Hollow, a large Saxon sampler (313x195 stitch count!)from an old Just Cross Stitch issue, Pumpkins and Poltergeists by Blue Ribbon Designs, just to name a few. When I get new glasses, I will start the Blue Ribbon design because it's on 40ct!