Monday, April 2, 2012

A Wonderful Surprise


I had a wonderful surprise yesterday.  Lee-Ann has nominated me for the Liebster Award.  This award is given to new bloggers or those of us who have been around for a while but have less than 200 followers.  With so many bloggers to choose from, it can be hard to reach new people and this is a lovely way to do that.  Liebster means favorite,  dearest or beloved in German.  There are 4 conditions which go with accepting this award:


  1. Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.
  2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
  3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
  4. Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.

Some of my favorite bloggers have been around for a while but don't have 200 followers so I'm including them.  So here's 5 of my favorite blogs:

Coral - Coral has an amazing blog.  Her quilting and stitching are exquisite!  She is definitely one of my favorites.

Bronny - I love seeing what projects Bronny has chosen and have watched her yearly projects with great interest.

Tina - This blog isn't necessarily all about stitching but it's about Tina's travels with her long-distance truck driving husband and their dog Molly.  I love the recipes she posts as well as the beautiful photos.

Bronzemom - Bronzemom has been in a slump and I've really missed her posting about her stitching.  She has some beautiful projects and I'm hoping to see more of them.

Beatrice - Beatrice is another stitcher I've been following for a while.  I love see all her gorgeous stitching as well as hearing about the stitching retreats she attends.

Now for the hard part.  5 things about me:

1). I would love to live in Australia or New Zealand.

2). I was adopted at birth.

3). Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  I love stitching turkeys and pumpkins.

4). My all-time favorite book and movies are the Lord of the Rings.  I can't wait till this December when the first Hobbit movie comes out.

5).  I am in the process of editing my first novel.


1 comment:

Beatrice said...

Thank you so much Bette. I feel unworthy with my sporatic blogging. It is an honour.
I'm working on posting my 5.!

Hugs!!!!