Friday, April 3, 2015

Another Thing I Do


I have found over the years that I basically love any kind of needlecraft.  From hand embroidery to knitting and crocheting, needlepoint and counted cross stitch, I love it all.  Obviously I love counted cross stitch the best.  But needlepoint comes in a close second.  Especially counted needlepoint.  Once again it's taking that blank canvas and painting with fibers.  Granted I am usually using someone else's pattern, but for the most part the work is mine. This piece is one of the first counted needlepoint pieces that I stitched.  We were allowed to choose our own colors and as you can see I went with an autumn hued palette.  I loved working with the different stitches to create different textures.  I was really pleased with how it turned out.    It's hard to believe it's been 8 years since I stitched this piece.  I guess time really does fly when you're having fun.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hi, I just came accross your blog on Stitching Blogs We All Luv to Read. I love your needlepoint cushion and enjoy needlepoint as well although I haven't completed very many pieces. :)