Thursday, April 16, 2015

You've Got to Be Kidding Me!

Okay, I know it's spring.  It's supposed to getting warmer, the birds are supposed to be singing, flowers blooming, yada, yada, yada.  Yet what do I see outside my window this morning?  This!
My backyard
A spring snow!  Now I know Colorado really needs the water so I am grateful for that.  But I'm so used to wearing shorts in April in Phoenix that I was really taken by surprise.  People have told me that if you don't like the weather here, just wait an hour and it is so true.  I had an appointment at 9am and a drive that would normally take me 10-15 minutes took me over half an hour.  It was so foggy you could only see about 100 feet in front of you.  And it's cold!  It went from 70 yesterday to freezing today.  I just had all of Annie's winter coat taken off yesterday and I felt so bad this morning when I had to let her out.  It's still snowing and it's predicted that we will get 3-6 inches more tonight.  Now I really understand how people become snowbirds.

No comments: