Monday, June 11, 2012

Guess What?

This is my newest project that I've started.  Yes, I do have hobbies other than cross stitch (hard as that is to believe) such as knitting.  I bought this afghan kit from Mary Maxim last year and stuck it in my stash closet.  I didn't have a particular use for it at the time.  I just knew I really liked it and best of all, it was on sale!  So I figured if nothing else I would knit it up and give it to charity if I couldn't find another use for it.  Well, I found another way to use it.  Can you guess what it is?  Yep, I'm going to be a grandma!  My youngest son ( and middle child) and his lovely wife are having their first baby and our first grandchild.  They've been married for 7 years and I can honestly say, we never bugged them about it.  In fact, we had sort of given up any thought of having any grandbabies in the near future.  But they called us a couple of Saturdays ago and gave us the good news.  It looks like the baby is expected either around Christmas or New Years.  So I finally have an excuse to knit this lovely blanket.  The yarn is very soft and of course it's washable.  And I love the colors.  So I'd better get knitting on it .  I'd love for them to have it in time to bring the baby home from the hospital.  And as cold as it gets in Minneapolis in the winter, I suspect they'll need more than one!

4 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Ohhhhh!!! Congratulations Gramma!
My grandkids are the great loves of my life. They make me feel so special. We were visiting them last weekend and my grandsons asked if I could come and live with them - cause I give great hugs and make better pancakes than Daddy. LOL

Faith... said...

Congrats! Grandchildren are the best gift ever!

Cath said...

What lovely news. Congratulations .XXX

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congratulations Bette I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!