Thursday, June 21, 2012

Starting Over

Now I think I mentioned a small something like a new grandbaby.  So I have all these plans to cross stitch and knit  lots of stuff for my first grandbaby and those plans are still in place.  I just have to change the materials I have to use.  I was going to knit a circular afghan in a gorgeous pastel striped yarn.  The yarn was about 5 different colors including pink.  Now apparently pink is and will forever be forbidden in my dear daughter-in-law's home.  She hates the color pink.  So I had to abandon the first yarn and set out on a quest to find new yarn.  Now I have a big yarn stash.  I bought LOTS of yarn when we closed our yarn department at work.  So I did what any respectable knitter would do:  I checked my stash first before I went out to search for the new yarn.  Guess what?  Most of what I owned is, wait for it... pink!  Yep, I didn't have a single baby yarn that would work.  So I set off to Hobby Lobby first.  Nope, nothing suitable there.  I went Michael's.  Do you know how hard it is to find a baby yarn without pink in it?  It's almost impossible.  I was about to give up when I discovered this yarn in Michael's.  They only had 5 skeins of it but it is just enough for the afghan I'm knitting.  And best of all, there's no hint of pink in it.  It's lavender, sage green and taupe.  All pastel.  Now it won't give me the striping effect that the original yarn would have but I'm going to use it anyway.  Maybe I'll whisper the word pink over it while I'm knitting. : )

PS Chris and Annette, if you're reading this, remember I love you lots!

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a wonderful Grandmother you will be! So cute, whispering pink over it! :) I love it!
Amy from Oklahoma

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Congrats on the upcoming grandbaby!
May the little angel bring you lots of love and happiness!

Shaunterria said...

That afghan is going to be beautiful; the yarn you chose is gorgeous, and congratulations on your upgrade to "Grandmother" status :)

--Shaunterria
www.ca11i0pe.blogspot.com