Thursday, May 21, 2015

Another Throwback Thursday

Snowflakes by Art-Stitch
Welcome to another Throwback Thursday!  This is one of my favorite recently stitched pieces. Actually it's not cross stitch.  It's needlepoint.  When I worked for Needler's Nest, I was the Inventory Manager in charge of making sure all the inventory was entered into the computer.  So everything that was ordered crossed my desk.  I felt like the luckiest person in the world.  I got to see all the new stuff first. This is actually a cross stitch chart from Art-Stitch called Snowflakes. I really liked this pattern  when we ordered it, so I got an extra copy for myself.  I thought it might be a little boring to cross stitch (I know, sacrilege) but wondered how it would be in needlepoint.  I converted all the colors to perle cotton and set to work.  It was a really quick stitch.  I think it only took me a month to stitch it.  The backstitching was a little rough but I like the way if finally turned out. I had so much fun with this that I actually converted another piece as well.  That might be another Throwback Thursday post.  Anyway It's fun to think outside the box sometimes.  You never know what masterpiece you might come up with.

No comments: