Sunday, May 31, 2015

Spring in Colorado

Denver
I know I've posted several times about how I really dislike the winter weather we have here in Colorado.  I am SO a hot weather gal.  But I have to admit spring in Colorado is gorgeous.

Yesterday Dave and I decided to take a hike up the highest point in Highlands Ranch.  Now I haven't done any kind of exercise since I hurt my back in December.  For a while I could barely walk.  But I have become a big advocate for acupuncture and am finally in a position to start exercising again.  I actually made it up the hill with only a few stops to rest and the view made it all worth it.  We were more than 6000 feet up and could see in all directions.  
A view from the top
This is one of several 14,000 peaks we could see from the top of the hill. I don't recall what the name of this one is but we could see Pike's Peak from there as well.
Colorado Wildflowers
What I really loved was all the wildflowers we saw on our way up the hill.  It was such fun to see them peeking out along the side of the road.  I don't know all their names yet but they sure were pretty.

So I have to say Colorado certainly lives up to its reputation as a really gorgeous state.  I still don't like winter and love the desert but I could get used to this.



No comments: